Injuries are an unfortunate part of life. They can occur due to our own mistakes, entirely by accident, or due to the negligence of another person. If you were injured because of the latter, you could have a personal injury claim. Because of the nature of personal injury claims and insurance company practices, it is highly advisable to have an attorney represent you after a serious injury. Additionally, those who are represented by an attorney are eligible to apply for litigation funding.
Do I Need a Lawyer?
Our legal system does not require personal injury plaintiffs to be represented by a lawyer. However, if you want to be sure that you get the compensation to which you are entitled under the law, it’s in your best interest to retain an attorney
Injured individuals often make the mistake of believing that they do not have enough money to hire an attorney, especially if they are paying for medical expenses or losing wages due to their injury. These individuals need to know that they have options.
Most personal injury lawyers will provide a free initial consultation to anyone with a personal injury. Many also work on contingency fees, meaning you pay them nothing unless they get compensation on your behalf. There is no risk involved in meeting with an attorney to find out if you have a case.
Generally, you have a personal injury claim if:
- Another person caused your injury by failing to act in a reasonably prudent manner, for example, not yielding the right of way to a pedestrian
- You suffered a serious physical injury because of their actions or inactions
- You have losses, also known as damages, as a result of the accident
If your injury was minor and resulted in minimal medical treatment, you can likely settle the claim on your own. The extra compensation that a lawyer could get you will probably pay for their fees, making it not worth the time and effort for either of you. However, if your injury is more serious and requires seeing a specialist, multiple treatments, surgery, or will cause permanent scarring or disabilities, you should schedule a meeting with a lawyer.
The Benefits of Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney
If you are not convinced that you should have an attorney review your case, consider the many benefits of having an attorney on your side. They include:
- Getting up to 3.5 times more compensation than plaintiffs who do not have legal representation
- Not having to speak to the insurance company
- Having someone else obtain your medical records
- Being able to apply for settlement funding
- They are skilled negotiators who can help you settle your claim instead of going to trial
- They can give you peace of mind, which allows you to focus on healing
- They can help you receive compensation for your damages sooner
- Some can arrange for you to pay specific medical bills once your claim is settled
- You can rely on them to help you not say anything that could damage or devalue your claim
Why Do I Need a Lawyer for Lawsuit Funding?
At USClaims, we require all of our applicants to be represented by an attorney on a contingency fee basis. After you apply, we will get in touch with your attorney to get more details on your case. In order to provide you with lawsuit funding, we need to be sure after speaking with your attorney that:
- Your claim is mature
- There is strong evidence that the defendant in the case was negligence
- Your claim is worth a certain amount
- You have their approval for litigation funding
Meet with a Knowledgeable Lawyer to Get an Opinion on Your Case
It’s always best to meet with a personal injury lawyer if you sustain such an injury. Let them use their knowledge and expertise to determine if you have a legal claim worth pursuing. If you don’t meet with one, you will never know, and you could be inadvertently walking away from the money you are entitled to.
If you find that you have a claim and your financial issues will not wait until it settles, USClaims is here to help. We purchase portions of qualified legal claims in exchange for cash now. When those claims settle or receive a court award, we recoup the cash advance. If the injured party does not receive any compensation, we take the financial loss, and they do not pay us anything. If a personal injury attorney represents you, apply online now, or give us a call at 1-877-USCLAIMS today!