If you have a pending lawsuit, you might be short on cash to pay your bills. At USClaims, we qualify many different types of cases to help people just like you until they receive their settlement.
How Does Settlement Funding Work?
Once your case is approved, you can have funding in 24 hours or less. The money is yours to do whatever you need or want to with it. You do not make any payments on your settlement cash advance until your lawyer obtains a fair settlement or wins your case at trial. At that point, we are paid from the proceeds of your compensation. If you do not receive compensation for your claim, you owe us nothing for your cash advance. It’s that simple to get the funding you need while waiting for your settlement to come through.
What are the Approval Requirements?
Settlement funding through USClaims is different from obtaining a loan. Your approval is not determined by your credit activity or even how much money you make. Instead, it hinges on the specific details and strengths of your case. The basic approval requirements are:
- Your case must be handled by an attorney who is working on a contingency fee basis (they get paid when they settle or win your case)
- Your case must be mature
- You must have sustained injuries or damages that are compensable
- Your case must have strong merits against another party
Types of Cases that Qualify for Settlement Funding
Although many of the clients we serve are personal injury plaintiffs, we can provide a cash advance on many different types of legal matters. If you have any of the following types of pending legal matters, we encourage you to apply for funding:
- Medical malpractice claims: You trust your doctor and other healthcare providers to help you and not harm you. However, sometimes they are negligent. When their negligence leads to severe injuries, you likely have a valid legal calm. Common medical malpractice claims involve birth injuries, wrong-site surgeries, wrong medication, and wrong/delayed diagnosis.
- Premises and slip and fall claims: Property owners, whether they are public, private, or government entities, need to take reasonable care to keep their property safe for anyone who enters it. If they knew about a hazard or should have reasonably known about a hazard and do nothing to prevent danger, you could have a claim against them.
- Workers related matters: No matter what type of industry you work in, be it an office or on a construction site, your employer is liable for ensuring the environment is safe and that you are adequately trained on any equipment you need to use. If you are hurt on the job, your employer or even a third party could owe you compensation.
- Qui tam or whistleblower lawsuits: Whistleblowers are responsible for exposing 43 percent of the government fraud by dishonest contractors. If they face retaliatory actions, they could have a claim for their damages, such as lost wages.
- Employment discrimination: If you were mistreated by your employer based on your gender, age, or disability, an attorney could help you seek compensation for your related damages.
- Railroad employees and Federal Employers Liability Act (FELA) claims: Injured railroad workers can receive compensation for a variety of damages, including lost earning power, medical expenses not covered by insurance, and pain and suffering.
- Auto accidents: If you were involved in any type of motor vehicle accident such as those involving motorcycles, trucks, buses, pedestrians, bicycles, and others, you could seek compensation for your damages.
- Animal bites: Whether you were bitten by a dog or another animal, you have experienced pain and are at risk for several complications, including infection and scarring. You might have extensive medical bills and a long road to healing for which you deserve to be compensated for.
Find Out if Your Lawsuit Qualifies Today
This is not an exhaustive list of the claims we can fund. To find out if your case qualifies, reach out to us as soon as possible. Instead of settling your claim for less than you deserve or worrying about how you will make ends meet until your lawsuit settlement comes, consider applying for pre-settlement funding. You can use these funds however you wish. Since you only pay us back for your cash advance if you win your case, you have nothing to lose.
Don’t wait any longer to find out if your claim qualifies. You can use our website to apply online, or call us at 1-877-USCLAIMS today!